After being bombarded by hundreds of “Father’s Day” advertisement, I was motivated to buy something special for my beloved dad. As I walked into the camera store, it was packed with “last-minute” shoppers. I desperately maneuvered around the store and landed my eyes on the camera I had always wanted..for myself.
“It’s father’s day sale. 10% off all items.” said the 6 feet tall caucasian dude behind the counter with a deadpan expression. After a quick chat with him, I ended up paying for the gift…for myself…
As I pulled out my wallet, the sales guy said with a flat, monotone voice, ” Wanna buy some cufflinks? It’s Father’s Day. “
Seriously? Cufflinks at a camera store?
I smiled awkwardly, “I….I….I am ok. My dad is more like a T-shirt guy. Ha. Thanks.”
We looked at each other and there was the awkward silence.
“Ha,” he suddenly chuckled. “I figured…Cufflinks….” and he walked away….
So I ended up with nothing for my dad, but a lovely camera for myself. BUT thanks to my creativity, I made a cute card for my dad. Due to mutual consent, I can’t really show you the face of my handsome dad, but this is something similar to what I made for my dad.
Happy Father’s Day
- Father’s Day Messages (wabc.typepad.com)
- What To Do For Father’s Day (calmyourbeans.wordpress.com)
- 4 Fathers Day Printable Gift Ideas for Businesses (printrunner.com)
- Father’s Day and Dove Men+Care with a Giveaway (angryjuliemonday.com)
- Hallmark’s Dad Has Character Gift Pack Giveaway #FathersDay – US (formulamom.com)
- Happiness and Father’s Day (ministryofhappiness.wordpress.com)
- Father’s Day Freebies (947thewave.radio.com)
- Tourbillon and Moonphase Cufflinks for Father’s Day (perpetuelle.com)
- Bag Charms and Cufflinks… (anaheera.wordpress.com)
- Buzz Bissinger’s Father’s Day (wnyc.org)